Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

As some of you know (heck, you were there), three years ago today Rick and I got married. This evening I was looking through some wedding pictures and thought I would post some (since we have to spend this anniversary about four hours apart - I got time to blog). So, here we go.


These two shots were taken outside of the church as soon as we bolted out the door right after the ceremony. I was relieved and it was nice just to have a minute to catch our breath before seeing other folks.




This is just a candid shot of us walking around the church - I like it for some reason.

Here we are in our carriage. Thank you so much Z and Dwayne (and Joyce - who worked with that crew) who arranged the carriage and took care of Big Don (the horse of course).


Below is a picture of our wedding party and our parents.


And a closer shot of my girls who were a great big huge help to me getting this thing ready and helping get the reception set up. And although Katie cannot tie a pew bow, she is an excellent supervisor. Krissy did a great job on our makeup, decorating, and helping get me dressed. Canuck is talented at putting shoes on your feet and is a real champ for rolling out of the car at midnight and helping decorate for two hours after a 13+ hour drive.

Me and my Mom. She is a great lady and I would not have pulled off the wedding without her.


I love this picture of Katie compairing notes with Dad on the wedding after the ceremony. That must have been some conversation.

And finally - some cake. It was a great cake and I was really pleased with the work Ruth did to make it look and taste good.


And this picture is from our honeymoon. This shot was taken on Capt. Steve's boat on the Chesapeake Bay. We had just finished a morning of fishing. This picture was taken pre-sunburn so that is the only way we can stand to wear hats and glasses. The sunburn from Cape Hatteras was a killer. You know your honeymoon is over when on the last night your husband is excited that the only room available on the trip home has double beds and therefore he suggests sleeping seperately - yes the sunburn was really that bad.

And finally, I am so glad to be celebrating three interesting and wonderful years with you Rick. I love you and I miss you like crazy.


Hope you all enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. It sure made me smile.

Something else that makes me smile is that our baby got a good report at her 9 month well baby visit. She weights 16 pounds 11-1/2 ounces (after she rolled over and pushed all the buttons on the scale - who knows what she did to the machine because it read 6 pounds and then 21.44 before giving us that weight - leave it to Viv), she is 27 - 1/2 inches long and her head is 17 -1/2 inches round. We can start with table food and work with replacing bottles with whole milk. I will keep you posted on how this little experiment goes.

Love you all and thanks to everyone who called to wish me a happy anniversary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. And Happy Anniversary to you both! Many more to come. Viv is doing so well and I still love the blogs so keep them up. Love

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! Time sure does fly by! So when are you and Vivo coming down here to visit rick?

Katie said...

Happy belated anniversary! I vaguely remember failing the pew bow course. There was something at the reception site I think I struggled with, as well. I guess I am a born supervisor. What exactly did you mean by the comment about my chat with your father anyway? ;) For the record, those are the first of your wedding pictures I've ever seen, so I'm really glad you posted them. Have a good weekend with Rick.