Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tuesday

1. Cleaning house is a pain - particularly while entertaining a 9 month old. Everything takes twice as long. Canuck & Jenny - clean your houses NOW and do not allow anyone back inside after you clean it, move out to a hotel (where they clean for you), and then go visit your clean house on the weekend with your babies - just do not touch anything.

2. Baby showers - Canuck's seemed to be a success over the weekend. Sorry we are so far apart - I would have loved to have been there. It does not seem like too long ago when we were unpacking all of Vivian's baby loot. Enjoy it now - diapers are not nearly as much fun to get later.

3. I am on a vacation from cooking. I just hate to go to the trouble just to cook for myself so I just do not cook. I am going to have to get back into practice, because when it is time for Vivian to go to table food - she will be one hungry little girl with the way I have been living.

4. The heat is getting to me folks - I cannot tolerate it. I believe I will become nocturnal - I think Vivian is for it the way she has not been sleeping of a night (see previous post).

5. Anniversaries - ours is coming up, and I am not so sure what to do this year since our weekends are so short. Our first anniversary we drove down the Blue Ridge Parkway and on our second we took a babymoon back to the beach where we started our honeymoon. I am fresh out of ideas - particularly since he doesn't get home until 10 or so Friday night and leaves at 1:30 Sunday afternoon. We will probably end up in a tent in the backyard.

6. By the way - which weekend would you celebrate an anniversary on if your anniversary is on a Wednesday?

7. I am appalled that the WVSP have not been able to get their act together enough in 7 years to put together an accessible domestic violence database. People are getting killed because officers are not aware when a DVP exists and the WVSP are yelling at their basic training officers over lint in the window blinds - someones priorities are definitely out of order.

8. I am excited about my flowerbeds this year - they have done well considering what we started with three years ago. My garden is another story - we are getting squash and zucchini, but my tomatoes are in serious need of fungicide.

9. I wish I could say the same about my kitchen (being excited - not the fungicide). I must finish my cabinets - it is hard to babyproof an unfinished kitchen.

10. Is it just me, or is the wait for college football season excruciating?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not big on cleaning anyway, so I'm in big trouble!!

Jenny