Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sometimes it just clicks.

For several months now, Vivian has been doing the belly crawl to get around everywhere. No more. Yesterday, I put her down on the floor after bringing her home from the babysitter and she was crawling like she had been doing it her whole life. She is quick, coordinated, and shifty. We have entered a whole new level of babyproofing.


Last evening we headed outside to try to do some weeding in the flowerbeds. This was a good opportunity for Vivian to practice her new skill. Normally, we would have done just grass - but this kid pulls up so much of it (and eats a little bit) that I opted for the quilt. I apologize for all the binky pictures, but it was close bed time and I was not going to mess with this baby!


I was not the only one who was a bit surprised at Vivian's newfound crawling ability. Jack used to be able to maintain a safe distance.


Turns out that safe distance is now a bit farther away - in our preacher's yard to be exact. Chicken.



Finally, I leave you with the picture of my little horticulturist. She is so into plants and checking out everything in her world. It is refreshing seeing how new everything is to Vivian - it makes me take a second look.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in trouble now!!! She will be everywhere and you will be tired! What fun. Love and keep the pictures coming. Nan

Unknown said...

There will be no stopping her now-the poor cat's life is forever changed-you guys will always be on the move now.(ha,ha)

Katie said...

I can't wait to see her crawling in person- the girls are going to so much fun to keep up with. Just wait until she is pulling up and pulling everything off of tables, beds, etc. I can see how scared Jack is now. Good luck keeping up with Vivian and keeping her out of things.