Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ten on Thursday - I am breaking the rules

1. I do not enjoy the dentist - had to go last evening and it took forever to get there (car wreck blocked the road to Franklin and I had to take the back road) and when you don't want to be there anyway doubling back and driving like 30 extra miles makes the experience much worse. The filling took a long time too - apparently (and strangely) it is hard to numb me - finding out you are not numb enough is painful. Anyway I now have a ginormous filling - woohoo for me.

2. Today Vivian is working with her Momma. It is cool - thankfully I got all the work that had a deadline done earlier this week while she was at the sitter.

3. Today is Thursday, so one more day until Rick is home. Miss that boy.

4. Vivian is sleeping better. Keep your fingers crossed that the separation anxiety is over insofar as it ruins sleep for all of us.

5. You can tell I write too many court orders since the word insofar makes it onto the blog.

6. Vivian is trying new foods (real food, not pureed stuff). She likes watermelon, bananas, and yogurt. I really hope she does not get too picky. We go to the pediatrician next week - I am sure we will get additional instructions on food then.

7. Still no real plans for the anniversary. He got to call Tuesday night but it was not much of a conversation since a whole bunch of guys were standing in line behind him waiting to use the phone. Lots of uh-huhs and alrights but he did say he loved us a lot so that was cool. But I still have no idea what we are doing and the conversation was so short that we really did not get to discuss much. Kidnapped people and prisoners get more contact with their family than he does - it really sucks and we are not even half way through it yet.

8. The outside of our house is out of control. The booshes are in need of a major trimming, the grass is too tall (I have no idea where our lawnboy is), and the porches could stand to be washed as well. I cannot get much done on my own with the Vivo at my side.

9. Post 8 is relevant to my weekend because our church is having an anniversary wooptidoo on Sunday and we live too close to have our place looking, as my brother would say "white trash neighborish."

10. Thank you Kim for introducing all your friends to the Pioneer Woman via your blog. If you have not checked out either Kim's blog or the Pioneer Woman's blog - you are missing some great photos and recipes (okay - no recipes on Kim's blog, but the pics are neat). While on the topics of blogs - I enjoy reading everyone's blog and I think it is a great way to keep up with folks. Thank you for making me start one Katie:)

No comments: