Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a good weekend - too short. Vivian was pretty excited to see Rick and they had fun playing together. Today at church Vivian went to children's church for the first time and behaved very well. I think she really likes to watch the other kids so she was pretty content. We probably would not have sent her, but the service was longer today because it was the rededication of our church building. It is 80 years old and we got to hear the history of both our congregation (which is over 200 years old) and of the church building itself. It was interesting - particularly when they read from the diary of the church historian from 1928 where she gave complete details of the service that dedicated the church. I have never been one to keep a diary - but the blog is pretty close and I think it is neat to keep a record of the week to week kind of stuff that happens because it preserves it in a way that is different from just trying to remember and tell the story later.


I had hoped to have some cool pictures of Vivian from today because she was really cute in her yellow dress, but time was running short after church since Rick has to leave by 2:00, so no pictures for you from today. I did want to share a couple other pictures. This one is from Saturday morning. Vivian is pretty strict with her routine so there is no more sleeping in for me. This picture was taken after her breakfast. She had been bird watching out the back door and stopped to look back. Sometimes I wonder what she is thinking.






I like the old photo (or sepia) look for a change in pictures. Makes you focus more on the subject without being distracted by the colors.



Here is some bird watching action in color. The pampers sticking out is a nice touch. Plus Eeoyre had to be there too. Sometimes she will forget what she is doing and go for a little while without holding on or leaning on anything - once she realizes it she usually sits down.



And while you are sitting down, why not chew on your shoes. Poor kid doesn't have anything else to play with. Why is it that they are most facinated with the weirdest things? Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cute. Topless bird watching is a fun activity for the under-1 set. Since Jordan won't wear shoes, they are usually in her hands or in her mouth, as well. That picture of Vivian will be perfect in 15 years when she brings a boy home ;)