Vivian is enjoying her new castle swing/slide set. She has not quite mastered it all yet, but so far it seems fun. Her favorite part by far is climbing up the slide.

Sure we could climb up the right way, but what is the fun in that.
I am also pleased to announce that we have a sunflower open in all its glory. I was pretty surprised because this - plus a few other plants - are volunteers from last year's crop. This bloom is about six feet high - which explains why the picture is taken looking up. I like the color and I like a good volunteer plant.
Finally, I leave you with this thought. I believe that I may be the reasonably prudent person (my apologies to the late great Professor Selinger who was pretty sure he was the reasonably prudent person). Why? Well why else would I put up this eyesore in my backyard when a whole bunch of people from our community will be in the neighboring yard for a cookout tomorrow. I just have a bad feeling about preschoolers, beach balls, and the four foot deep hole in the back of my house. Not that this would solve much of that, but it gives me a defense - doesn't it defense bar? Trust me - this will all be just a picture come Saturday morning.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you all love the castle slide thing because that is exactly what Jordan will be getting from her Ma Maw for her first birthday. It looked small enough to have in the basement during the winter months and outside whenever it is warm enough. I hope no one fell in the hole during the big cook-out. Vivian looks adorable climbing up the slide. I can't wait to see you guys, so get your butt down here!
Looks as if summer is in full bloom at your house-the pictures are great.
Post a Comment