Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 On Tuesday

Well, it looked like a good idea - so here it goes.

1. Vivian has been playing much harder since she now crawls well and pulls herself up on things. She let me take a few pictures, although it is getting more difficult to take her pictures now because she wants to attack the camera - translation - shoot quick and get out of her way.




2. Stuffed animals that are larger than your child makes for a lot of fun - plus it saves them wallering you.


3. This toy piano ROCKS. It is one of her most favorite toys and it is not overly annoying to listen to. It plays a few different tunes and is always a big hit. Way to go Fisher Price.

4. My Husband tried out a new hairdo over the weekend - no hair at all. To put this all in perspective, this is the man who has been worrying about losing his hair ever since I have known him. For the record, I objected to this hairstyle on several grounds and was very surprised to hear the clippers running while I went to check on Vivian. He shaved a streak down the middle of his hair, so I had to clean up the rest. I guess the only good thing I can say about this new look is that I love him and I only have to see it on the weekends:)


5. Vacation Bible School. It is always quite an event in our neighborhood since we live next door to the preacher and across the street from the church. This year I was asked to help one evening (breaking me in slow) prepare the meal that they served the kiddos. Well, I got over to the church at 6:00pm and the other volunteers were in a tizzy. Turns out the church only has two ovens and that was not nearly enough room for all the chicken nuggets and tator tots. No problem - I brought them to my house to help cook what they did not have room for - crisis averted. Of course this rushed us to get everything ready in time for the meal, but we pulled it off and must have made it look easy. Right after we were done serving the meal, Scherry asked if Pat and I thought the chicken nuggets were done - not the best time to ask (but better than asking when the parents showed up to get their kids). It was pretty funny (and yes the chicken nuggets were done). So much for any aspirations we had of being lunch ladies - it is harder than it looks.


6. While on the topic of VBS - sometimes I wish I was not so in tune with potential liability causing situations. Our neighbors are having the entire VBS group over to their house on the last evening for a cookout - problem is they are cooking out right beside my unfinished hole of a patio - guess I will be building some temporary construction fence Thursday night.


7. Little Tikes Outdoor Toys - I believe the manufacturer of these toys smokes crack before writing the instructions and when giving the time estimate for constructing the toy. I put together a castle swing/slide thing this evening that the box said would take 20 minutes - an hour later I was done. And what is with picture only instructions - I can understand if your child was doing the construction, but I can read. Next time - Vivo can read the instructions and assemble it (she actually may pull it off in 20 minutes).


8. Work - it has been a little slow lately, but today I did an adjudicatory hearing Order in an abuse and neglect case. Now that I am a Mom, these cases make me really mad that any parent could do the things that these parents do and still act like there was nothing wrong. I also could not imagine being told by a Court that I could never see my child again - sad, very sad.


9. Life is expensive - Had to go to the local feed store and buy some straw to mulch our garden with - wow is it expensive. Straw used to be $2.00 per bale - now it is $5.15. It is rotten and the worst part is I know that the folks who baled it and the store that sold it are not getting rich. Seriously, it is going to be a long haul until this economy is in decent shape - at least I will be able to keep the weeds down so maybe we can grow some food.


10. I miss my husband. Love you babe.

3 comments:

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I love VBS but it is all sorts of insanity, isn't it?

And the abuse and neglect stuff gets to me too.

Viv is so adorable!

Krissy said...

Gosh I miss you guys! I can't wait to come home....Viv is so big and so cute! Isaac will love her.

Paula said...

love all the cute baby pictures..