Scary, eh.
Sunday afternoon we decided to carve some of our pumpkins. Rick was really into pumpkin carving and put a lot of thought into his pumpkin designs. I have to say they turned out quite good.
Here he is carving. Vivian was sleeping at this point and had no idea what fun was waiting for her in the kitchen. Sleeping did not last long though and soon she was wide awake and helping with her pumpkins.
See - we made her carry them and everything. Actually, she turned out to be a real good helper with the cleaning out part.
I guess she likes the taste of pumpkin - I think I would prefer if she ate it as a pie or something. This kid was orange from head to toe by the time we were done.
Here she is checking out her likeness, ah-la-Daddy (who designed the binky pumpkin for her). I think she liked it, she was just upset that he would not let her hold it.
Finally, we turned off all the lights and let her check out the pumpkins. I took this picture on aperature priority and it took forever to collect enough light to shoot. As you can see - a very blurry (and active) Vivian is touching the pumpkin. Kind of neat to play around with the lighting in pictures.
A good time was had by all. I am really starting to enjoy Vivian's Second Holidays - Baby's Firsts are fine, but I really enjoy Vivian now since she is her own little person seeing the world in a new way. Stay tuned for Halloween costume pics - she is going to be a BEE.
6 comments:
We are carving pumpkins tonight!! I can't wait. You know how I love halloween and all. Ainsley is going to be a Tootsie Roll. Love the pics and the pumpkins!! xoxo
Great pictures and great carvings! Can't wait to see the little "bee". Love, Nancy Lee
I am sure Vivian will be a BUSY BEE--Looks as if Ricky has some real talent in the carving department-have a safe and happy Halloween.
Cute pumpkins! We've had one for a few weeks now and haven't carved it yet. It may be time to throw it out and get a new one.
Can't wait to see pics of the "BEE". Isaac is a dinosaur.He won't leave the head piece on though, but he's still cute. We had to pin his tail on and one of the pins came undone and poked him in the butt the other night when we were at a party. Whoops!
I'm very impressed with the pumpkins! The paci pumpkin is especially creative. Jordan was supposed to be a bee, too, but messy Mommy hasn't found the costume since we moved. Oops. I'm sure Vivian will make an adorable bee.
Those pumpkins are great. I cannot wait to see her as a bee.
Post a Comment