
On Friday, Vivian and I ventured down to Charleston for Rick's graduation from the Basic Officer Police Training at the WV State Police Academy. As I explained to Vivian, enough was enough and we were going to go pick him up and bring him home.
Evidently they are required to look extremely mean during their graduation.
Here he is getting his diploma and other official papers.
Vivian was riveted. Okay, not really she was just snacking on some puffs and checking out the scene. Actually, Rick was looking so serious that even when she saw him she was not too interested. She was sort of confused by all the clapping - when people were applauding, she was sitting quietly just smiling - I do believe she thought all the fuss was for her. Seriously, she was on excellent behavior.
So, is he done now? No, no he is not. After the graduation - we had to go from WV State University to the WV State Police Academy for a marching demonstration. My husband had difficulty with marching at the beginning of the academy and I really think he was nervous about this part (good news was he already had his diploma, so the pressure was off).
And after the marching, I got my husband back.
We took this picture right after they dismissed his class.
Several folks made the trip to take in the graduation:
This is Rick's boss - Sheriff Andy and Jennifer the Chief Tax Deputy.
Rick's Dad and Brother came down.

Rick's Mom made the trip with her husband Arnold and Rick's Aunt Teresa was also there.
Rick's Mom made the trip with her husband Arnold and Rick's Aunt Teresa was also there.
After graduation, Rick gave us a tour of the Academy and showed us where he had been living for the last 16 weeks.
His dorm reminded me of Boreman North at WVU except this place had air conditioning. Anyway, we snapped a few more pictures on the grounds.
This picture was taken after Vivian's wardrobe change. I had a t-shirt made for her to wear that says "I am Proud of My Daddy Deputy Pownell" on the front and "He is finally finished" on the back. I think he liked it.
Rick wanted a picture in front of one of the floor patches. I do not understand floor tiles that you are not allowed to step on, but whatever. This patch is on the floor in one of the classroom buildings.
It was a nice day and we were really glad to be able to celebrate this accomplishment with Rick. I am proud of you and happy to have you back home. Congratulations. Love you.

2 comments:
Yay! Congratulations to the both of you on making it through this! Now you should go on vacation! I think you should come here, just wait a few more weeks until I get my furniture!
What a nice post and how happy you three must be to be back together as a family. I'm sure it was a long 17 weeks for all of you. Vivian is growing up so fast and is so sweet. I agree with Krissy that you all need a vacation now. Congratulations to all! Love, Nan
Post a Comment