1. Big News Bloggers - the Canuck is being induced as we speak and we should get the scoop on the baby Nuck probably tomorrow morning. Good luck Canuck and Michael and I will be thinking about you crazy kids. I am guessing the baby is a girl.
2. My good friend Krissy is home for a bit before shipping off to Hawaii for three years. Ugh. Anyway, I got to see her and her son Isaac last evening for a bit. Hope to hang out more later in the week.
3. Kim asked what Vivian was going to be for Halloween in one of her comments. Honestly, I do not know. I have not really given it much thought because right now I am thinking about her first birthday party (coming up very soon). Does anyone else know what their kids are going to dress up as for Halloween? I am open to suggestions.
4. Teething has been a real pain. Vivian's top teeth have been ready to bust through for several days now but just seem to be stuck.
5. My Mom and I have undertaken canning some tomato soup this week. I now remember why we have not canned in a while because it is a lot of work. It is worth it though and it is fun to hang out and work on a project together. We have some more to do this evening and then we will be taking a break.
6. Sorry for the blogging absence. Last week was hectic because Vivian was not feeling well. I think it was a combination of a stomach bug and her teeth, but she is doing better now except for the teeth as in #4.
7. This is also a pictureless post. I tried taking some shots of Vivian with the tomatoes we got out of our garden this weekend, but she was wholly uncooperative. While we were working in the garden, she was playing around her swing/slide set. She cried when Rick strapped her into the swing, so she got out. While we were working in the garden, I looked up to see that Vivian had crawled into the swing and was on her knees facing backwards hanging onto the metal supports swinging as fast as she could while trying to stand up. The kid is a wild woman! So after the tomatoes were out of the garden, she came over to the box and would pull out a tomato, take a bite, throw it on the ground, and grab another tomato to repeat the process. Then she slimed my lens with tomato fingers and it took a bit for Momma to clean it up - so no pictures for you today.
8. Are you all watching the Democratic National Convention? I have been reading some about last night and watching clips. It was good to see Michelle Obama lose the attitude and be straightforward for a change. I was also surprised to learn that her dad had MS - I had never heard that about her family before, of course I guess trying to figure out Barack's family background takes up an enormous amount of time (seriously, his mom's first name was Stanley - what a bunch of wackos). Anyway, I guess I am just bummed out that it isn't Hillary's week - I do not know who I will be voting for in November.
9. Rick just started week 11. This has been a long summer.
10. Not much else to tell. I need to take some more pictures to share with you all. I think Vivian is in a growth spurt right now and I don't want to miss any of it (she is growing up quick - definitely not a little baby anymore:(.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice blog. As you can imagine, I am super excited right now, waiting for grandbaby number 4!! I guess they really start in ernest tomorrow morning but I'm hoping it all starts on it's own tonite. Anyway, I think it's a boy but we have an equal chance! Kiss that little girl of yours for me and stay well. Love, Nan
Post a Comment