Wednesday, August 13, 2008

10 Months - where has the time gone?


Vivian hit double digits on the months today - ten to be exact. I absolutely cannot believe how much she changes every single month. This month has seen her get more and more coordinated. She can figure stuff out at a pretty good pace - for instance, she wanted to climb up on the kitchen chair but could not - so she scooted a box of diapers over to the chair and climbed onto the diapers and then on the chair - the kid is pretty smart I think (of course I am pretty prejudice). Right now she has moved her toy truck in front of the book shelf and is standing on it to get just a little higher up - up is the only direction the kid knows. She is also enjoying her toys more. Little People are her new favorites - that and blocks. She cannot put the blocks together yet, but they are fun to chew on and knock over when someone else puts them together.

Table food has been another adventure, we are getting better but are not where we need to be yet - thank goodness for yogurt (Vivian loves it and would eat it every single meal). I do not understand how a kid who will gladly eat dirt and paper somehow gets gagged and spits out soft food. It is truly a mystery.

On the fashion front - she fights shoes - I have never seen a child who can get them off quicker. We have to work on keeping them on, particularly with cooler weather coming. She has also outgrown most of her jeans and pants - they are like two inches too short and she just had some of them on last month. Oh well, good thing she has a birthday coming up.

She also loves looking at pictures of herself - they crack her right up. The blog is one of her favorite things to look at on the computer. Which makes you wonder what Vivian's generation will be like since they have grown up with the computer?

Vivian, you have been a real champ these last few months with your Daddy gone. I know you miss him and love him, but you stay happy and patiently wait for him to come home. I am so proud of all the new things you can do. I enjoy your smile, your giggles, and your chattering. I am not really sure what you are talking about - but you sure sound convincing. Mommy and Daddy love you very much and as always, we cannot wait to see what you do next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, where HAS the time gone??!! They grow up so fast but this generation has this format to keep tract of everything and I'm glad you are doing it. I enjoy it and it will be priceless to you. Viv is just darling and I love watching her grow up, too. Thanks for the birthday wishes~~I had a good one. Now we are just waiting for our baby to decide to make his/her appearance! Love to you