Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's Up Wednesday

  • I am 20 weeks pregnant today. Hard to believe that we will have another little one in October. I have been feeling okay. The baby moves a whole lot and I think some of that movement is making my stomach queasy again.

  • I have decided that it is harder the second time around when you have a toddler to chase around your house - there are no breaks.

  • My brother is moving again - this time to Point Pleasant. He is still in training as a Farm Service Agency Loan Officer. Poor boy - third move in a year. Hopefully he can get trained up and get somewhere for longer than a few months. I will be thinking about you while you are moving and getting settled in.

  • Vivian is starting speech therapy soon. About a month ago we went to her pediatrician because we were concerned that she had stopped using her words (she did not use many) and acted like she could not hear everything. After a month of waiting to get evaluations for hearing and speech, we finally found out that her hearing is fine - she is just delayed in her speech. She is going to have a therapist work with her once a week and I hope that will get her caught back up. Sometimes I think it is just a lack of interest because she obviously understands what we tell her. Needless to say, it has been a somewhat stressful process figuring it all out but I am anxious to get her started with therapy.

  • Last evening I was hanging out with Vivian while she played with her Little People. She was looking at the mom figure that came with the minivan (for some reason she does not allow the Little People to be in their vehicles) and picked out a farmer figure and put their faces together and made a kissing sound several times. That caught me by surprise and was pretty cute.


  • Vivian got me a new camera lens for mother's day and I finally got to try it out with her.


    Here she is posing in front of the garden. She is working on her eye teeth and chews on everything she can find.



    This is Vivo trying to get into the garden (and no, the electric fence is not on). I tried letting her in earlier in the day and the garden needs to grow a bit more before it is ready for Vivian because she just runs through it without paying any attention to what she is stomping on.



    Finally she got to pick some buttercups (and eat them). The kid likes flowers.

    Until I blog again - which hopefully will be sooner rather than later - take care everyone and enjoy your summer.

    7 comments:

    Katie said...

    It sounds like you're signing off for the next 3 months, and that is not allowed. I have to get my Vivian fix every so often.

    I completely understand stomping on the flowers and veggies. We constantly get onto Jordan for stepping on the flowers even though they are in beds.

    I'm so glad things are alright with Vivian's hearing. Before you know it she is going to gabbering her little jaws off!

    Anonymous said...

    A nice post. I'm sure you were anxious about Vivian's speech and hearing but it sounds like all is, or will be, well. You are good parents to get the help---some wouldn't. She is becoming such a big girl now and such a beauty! I wish I could see her person. I'm glad you are feeling better, if a bit queasy at times. I know you are tired but it will get better. Hang in there. Love, Nancy Lee

    Kimberly said...

    God she'll be talking and not shutting up in no time! HA!

    Did lens did you get? a 50mm???

    CBRESQ said...

    Yep, its the 50mm. I really like it except for when she is running around like a wild woman - then I need my zoom.

    CBRESQ said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Elizabeth said...

    It was great talking to you last night!! Keep us posted on the Vivo!! xoxo

    Jenny said...

    good luck- you are half way done. I'm sure that Vivian will be chatting it up in no time flat and then you will long for the days when she was nice and quiet!