Wow, June is flying by. I have been taking more pictures, just not getting them on the blog. We have been pretty busy here the last couple of weeks.
- On Wednesday I was 23 weeks into this pregnancy and this baby kicks HARD!!! Not much else to report other than my feet are swelling a bit more than last time. Vivian still has not held still long enough to feel the baby kick.
- I was a Vacation Bible School helper again this year. Last year it was tator tot preparation - this year it was teaching a lesson. I do not know what accounted for the promotion but it went fine. When I was asked to teach, I really did not think much of it, but then last week I asked who was teaching the other three nights - turns out this year's teachers were me, a Presbyterian minister, a Methodist minister, and a Catholic priest (hmm... sort of sounds like the start of a joke to me). I did inquire how I wound up in this crowd because a) hello, not a preacher; b) sort of intimidating teaching with those folks - particularly when they rotate around and listen to you teach; c) yeah, right, umm ... this is not funny and the tator tots were not that good. Anywho, I taught my lesson on Esther - basically the same topic three times with three different age groups - pre-K;K-1st; and 2nd-6th - it was a little difficult but I think it went okay.
- We are finally making some progress on our patio. My cousin Markus came out this week to lay the block wall and it is looking really good. I cannot wait to have it finished. I have been the gopher on the project and had to go to get more materials from the block store. Yesterday I came up the road with a very heavy load of top caps for the wall and some straw for our garden. Since the truck was really weighted down, my top speed was 40-45 the whole way up from Petersburg. Funny thing was though, the cars behind me could not see the load of block and probably wondered why I was driving so slow to haul five bales of straw.
4 comments:
Another nice post. Happy belated birthday!! I know it was a nice one. I love the pictures, too. You sound pretty busy and I hope you are also getting some rest--mother in me talking. Sorry. I think about you often. Take care and hi to Rick and Vivian for me. Love, Nancy Lee
Was Rick completely clean shaven when he graduated? If so, I've blocked that out. It sounds like you presented a nice feast for father's day. I can't imagine taking care of all of that with all you have going on.
Well Reverand Ruddle, you take care now;)
So a priest, a minister and a Ruddle walk into a church...
Hey Nutjob....!!!! You are pregnant!!!! Simmer down psycho!
That cake looks like it was pretty yummy.
Happy belated birthday.
You guys have been busy! I want to see pics of your patio! That pic of Viv at the top of your post is beautiful! She's getting so big!
Post a Comment