Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Big Girl

Vivian is growing up so quick. Today it really hit me what a big girl she is becoming and it is exciting (and a little sad) to see. I am enjoying it though and we have had a pretty good summer even with all the craziness going on trying to get ready for the new baby.

Vivian has enjoyed running around in her diaper this summer - particularly outside in the sprinkler with Daddy.



And exploring all the plants outside.



This week Vivian got her first haircut. At first we thought it might be neat to let her bangs grow out with the rest of her hair. I gave up on this concept after several attempts at keeping a hair barrett in but Rick continued to hope that it would work. Finally I convinced him that she needed a cut so off to Loosewheel's we went. Vivian was not amused.





LaBreeska did a good job with Vivian's hair, particularly since she would not hold still. I knew it was going to be quite an adventure when Vivian fought LaBreeska's attempt to put a cape on her - I told her that we did not mind the hair and that with Vivo you pick your battles carefully. After several attempts and Daddy's quick thinking bringing in the DVD player from the car, our shaggy girl turned into ...







Our big girl. I think it is a better look than constantly having hair in her eyes and I think she approves too.


Today we tried out another new thing - Play Doh. She ate a little bit, but mostly had fun squishing it in her hands and watching us play with it.




And I guess months of pictures have led to smiling on demand. If I ask for a smile - she is now obliging. I do not know how long it will last, but it is pretty cool.


Now a quick update. I am 29 weeks along in this pregnancy and go back to the doctor on Friday. I have been feeling okay, but this kid kicks and punches very hard and that makes me really uncomfortable. We are working on getting Vivian's room ready and hope to do so soon because it is way overdue. There is some painting and sewing left to do before it is all done and I am starting to run out of steam. Hope to have pictures of the finished room project in the next post. Vivian is doing well with her speech therapy and is making progress. The other day we were talking about the baby and she pointed to my belly and said baby. It was really a cool moment - hope she likes the new one. Take care everyone and thanks for checking in with us.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi---what a great post and what a cutie Vivian is! So grown up now and such a sweetheart. I'm happy to hear that the speech thearpy is doing so well and I'm glad you feel fairly well. The pictures are so nice. I always really enjoy your posts---keep them coming. I think of you every day. Love, Nancy Lee

Teresa Feller said...

What a beautiful young lady- I really enjoyed my visit with Ricky-you guys come down any time. Keep us updated.

Elizabeth said...

Ruddle, Ruddle, Ruddle. WHAT A CUTIE PIE!! So sweet. I can't believe all the things she is doing. Love the hair. Tell LooseWheel I am still a "tucker." Do I dare ask....is that a picture of the patio in the background of the sprinkler picture? If it is it looks great! Miss you.

Kimberly said...

I'm loving the hair! How cute!!! I bet she's gonna be a great big sister!

Katie said...

I love the new look. We've been battling the hair in the eyes and Dave has been pushing for a haircut, but I haven't decided on the bang issue, so it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully after the new baby gets here we'll all be able to get together again so the kids can play together.

Krissy said...

She's getting so big and so cute! I'm glad speech therapy is helping. Just wait until she starts talking so much you have to ask her to be quiet.
How is the nesting coming along? Did you get her room done yet?
Hope you're feeling ok. Miss you and love you!