Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update


Sorry for the lack of blogging - I just have not had the time. I have also been remiss in taking many pictures, however, I did break out the camera Wednesday evening because Vivian had a surprise package waiting for her at our house when we came home. Ainsley, the Canuck, and Michael sent her a belated birthday present and it was really cool.




She started out with her card first, but since she could not get it open, she threw it behind her and started working on the rest of the box.





If this is any indication, we will have our hands full at Christmas. She loved everything, and is having a real good time making Mommy read the storybooks in French. Cool. Every time she gets a different story. Thanks again. We appreciated it.



On Friday night, Rick and I went to my Judge's retirement party. It was a surprise (that was a hard secret to keep for several months) and it was at Canaan Resort which had a bunch of snow Friday afternoon, making the trip somewhat treacherous. I can say that the Judge was totally surprised and really touched that so many of his friends and family made the trip (of course he may never trust us again). We sat at the most rowdy table and the one most likely to have a cat fight (not by my choosing) - anyhow, it was a good time and lucky for us the State Road was out working while we were partying and the roads were in great shape for the drive home.





Vivian also spent some quality time with her Bigglesworth this weekend. The cat loves us when it is really cold out. Notice that he is lying against the door so he can make a quick exit. Thankfully he is really good with Vivian and she is getting better about being easy with him too.

Sunday morning we realized that babyproofing is now at a whole new level. Vivian was playing in our room and Rick picked her up and put her in her crib. What he did not realize was she had her bottle of lotion with her and proceeded to unscrew the lid and was sucking lotion out of the bottle. Not good. Rick called poison control and they said she would be okay - just drink water and be ready for nasty poop later. She was alright all day - I have a feeling later is setting in because while I have been blogging, she has been waking up and her belly is grumbling. Sunday night should be a whole lot of fun. Have a good week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post. Vivian is such a doll! Keep them coming and Happy Thanksgiving. Love, Nancy Lee

Kimberly said...

What a stinker! And what is this about French story books?? I'd be all about those!!

Anonymous said...

Glad she liked everything...sorry about the whole "skate board" incident. I figured the french books would give you something to do...ha! xoxo
Canuck