Thursday, February 28, 2008

Piggies are good!!!

I always enjoy when Vivian starts doing something new. It is funny and it is always cool to witness her discovering something new for the first time. So, the other day she was really fussy and I had just finished changing her diaper when she realized that piggies can go into her mouth.



And if you really concentrate, both big piggies can go into your mouth at the same time. They are particularly tasty after she eats her dinner and is on the way to the bathtub and somehow manages to get carrots or whatever she has been eating on her toes.


So yeah, toes are cool and she never misses an opportunity to chew, slobber, or suck on her big toes. Otherwise, all is well with Vivian. She may be getting teeth. Her gums are getting bumps on them and she is chewing on everything. Plus, she is pretty fussy sometimes for no real reason.

Other craziness has been swirling about - I have been working on my campaign. Stressful sometimes, but not too bad - either people will vote for you or they won't. Once I have made my case and done all I can, I can't really control that. It is weird though seeing your name on a campaign sign or passing a car that has my bumper sticker on it. Here is a picture of my car magnet (sorry about the glare, the lighting in our kitchen is not great - not to worry though, the magnet is off the fridge and on the car).

My yard signs look like this too. I also got ink pens and suckers to hand out and am working on a brochure (may actually get to finish it this afternoon). The weather has been pretty gross for door to door visits so far, but hopefully I can get started on that next week. Rick took my campaign pictures - he did pretty good. Here is one in black and white.
Anyhow, I will keep you posted on my progress. I have started representing some clients again, mostly juveniles. It was strange dealing with clients again and being back in the courtroom. Life is funny.

Now, for all of those curious about my Four Lists - here it is Canuck, here it is:)

Four Jobs I have had:


1. Parts Girl at my Dad's farm equipment dealership (I was pretty good at it too).

2. Teaching Assistant (twice - first as an undergrad for like two years and then for good ole' LR&W in law school).

3. Law Clerk (twice - its the only job harder to leave than to get, good thing they tell us how to resign at every training).

4. Mom - enough said.


4 places I’ve been:

1. Outer Banks

2. Seneca Creek Backcountry

3. The Montreal Crossing Duty Free shop and the NY side of Canada.

4. Richmond, Va.;)

4 movies I’ve watched over and over:

1. Chicago

2. Sugar and Spice

3. Jackie Brown

4. Austin Powers 2 & 3


4 shows I watch: 1-4: Nada, we do not have cable.

4 places I’d rather be right now:

1. A warm beach

2. Visiting folks in NY, NC, and Charleston

3. Tailgating in Morgantown

4. Visiting the small island nation that has made me their queen


4 favorite things to eat:

1. Steak

2. Pizza

3. Blueberry Cobbler

4 Anything that I did not have to cook.

4 places I’ve lived:

1. Morgantown (at 5 different locations in 6 years)

2. Smith Creek

3. Franklin

4. Just three for me



4 Things I look forward to this new year:

1. Vivian's First Birthday.

2. Winning the election (Lord willing)

3. Rick going to/finishing the Police Academy

4. Meeting the new babies.

That's all for me for now - take care bloggers and I will post again soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is really growing up fast and so cute about it! You are a busy girl, Carrie, and I think about you often. I wish you good luck with the campaign and hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted. Nancy Lee

Anonymous said...

She is very cute!!

Good luck on your election run- I'm sure that you will do great!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

CBRESQ Prosecutor. Sounds nice. Can't wait to see how things unfold but I am certain you'll kick some rear end.

Now, that little Vivi. How adorable!! Michael laughed right out loud when he saw her with her feet in her mouth. It was great talking to you. I miss you!!!

Elizabeth

Kimberly said...

Yay for toes!!!
And GOOD LUCK! You'd be a great prosecutor...your campaign pic looks great.

TwinMommyLawchick said...

I'm so excited for you, I so hope you win!!!

And Vivi has to be the best campaigner on your staff!

Katie said...

You look far too serious in your picture, but I guess prosecutors have to be serious. I really hope the campaign and election go well. Keep us posted!