Thursday, February 7, 2008

Its Badge Time Marcia...Wish me luck bloggers.

Hello all. Sorry I have not posted anything lately. As some of you know, I have filed to run for Prosecuting Attorney in Pendleton County. For all of you who did not have Professor Ashdown for Criminal Law you do not get the title of this post - trust me, you are not missing much. Anyway, it is a three way race for prosecutor and will probably be pretty wild, but I think I can do alright and I would really regret it if I did not try. So far so good, but it has been kind of busy doing different community activities every evening. Of course I have lots of time during the day because I had to quit my job to run - gotta love the Supreme Court and their illogical rules.

Tonight is the first evening this week that I have not went to something and it is sort of weird to be home. I have not started going door to door yet because I do not have my campaign stuff yet - I ordered Monday and hope it will be in early next week. I am doing ink pens and suckers for hand out stuff and I am working on a brochure (it is hard to write an all about me handout for folks) plus I will have lots of yard signs, so we will see. It is kind of exciting but also makes me nervous. Wish me luck.

Vivian has been a good little campaigner. Every place we have went and taken her along she has been a very good baby. She has recently started rolling over and it is her new favorite thing to do. However, once she gets on her stomach, she is not sure what to do and usually gets pretty fustrated. Here are some pictures from today.



Here she is rolling over into the side of her pack n play. It is a good thing it is padded because she has been rolling pretty hard.


This is the best shot I could get in close of her concentrating while on her belly. She is starting to get more coordinated, but she just cannot seem to get her knees underneath her and push her chest up at the same time.

Here she is playing with her toy - today was the first time she actually played it herself, but do not let the picture fool you, she did not turn it on with her hands, she was using her feet to make it sing.


And here we are taking a much needed nap. She now insists on laying on her side to sleep most of the time. It is really pretty funny. We go to the doctor on Monday for her four month appointment. I hope it goes well but we have to get five vaccinations and I know it will not be fun. I am anxious to see how much she has grown since last time. I will give you the update. Take care everyone and we will talk to you soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do, of course, wish you all the luck and hope you get it if it's what you want. I have no doubt that you will! Vivian just gets cuter by the day! What a doll! Love to you all. Nancy Lee

Katie said...

Rolling over already- Vivian is an over achiever! I'm so glad you decided to run. I'm officially putting in my request for a pen or 2 and will happily endorse you. Since I know 1 person outside of your family in all of Pendleton County, I don't think it will help much, though. Since she couldn't get shots at the last appt due to illness, Jordan got 4 shots today, and I'm happy to report the screaming died down after about 5 minutes. I hope things go well at Vivian's appt on Monday.

Anonymous said...

How funny is that picture of her sleeping?!?! I love the arm over her head. She is starting to look a lot more like you I think. You will do great running for "persecutor" as you will be fondly referred to by those families who couldn't keep control on their loved ones and you put away for hiding meth in the bathroom at the local high school. It's badge time, Ruddle (and I LOVE mine!!). Keep me updated you busy bee.

Elizabeth

TwinMommyLawchick said...

Best of luck Ruddle. I would totally vote for you if it wasn't for that pesky rule about having to vote in your own county. Besides, you have the BEST campaigner around with Miss Vivian! She's so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Good luck- I'm sure that you will do great!! Vivian is so cute, who could not vote for her mommy??

Jenny