Step 1 - Getting comfy in the highchair. She knows something is up, but the paratrooper restraining straps keep her in the seat and in the game.
Step 2 - Bait her with milk. On the doctor's suggestion we start our meal with a little taste of the old bottle. By now though, Vivian realizes that when you are in this seat, you do not get to eat your bottle in peace.
Step 3 - Food. It starts off innocent enough. Actually she ate more this evening than I have gotten her to eat before (who knew she would like prunes and peas together). Anyway step 3 is not so messy.
Step 4 - Baby food is Finger food. Sometimes the spoon just does not cut it. When you want to get serious about eating, you have to take matters into your own hand (I think we have a lefty because she only uses her left hand for important matters of food). The results speak for themselves.
Step 5 - Waive the White/Green/Prune color Rag of Surrender. Sometimes you just have to admit that this situation is not getting better and a bath is needed.


Step 6 - Bath. Important and necessary for a mess of this proportion. Thank goodness for Daddy's quick work in getting our bath ready (and taking the pictures).


Step 7 - Full, Clean, & Happy.

Quite a night and we get to do it all over again in a few hours. I love it. Being a Mom rocks!!! Take care bloggers. Will blog with you soon (and yes Canuck, I will respond to the throw-down or whatever it is you passed on in my next post:).
Step 6 - Bath. Important and necessary for a mess of this proportion. Thank goodness for Daddy's quick work in getting our bath ready (and taking the pictures).
Step 7 - Full, Clean, & Happy.
Quite a night and we get to do it all over again in a few hours. I love it. Being a Mom rocks!!! Take care bloggers. Will blog with you soon (and yes Canuck, I will respond to the throw-down or whatever it is you passed on in my next post:).
4 comments:
Being a mom does rock! And you are doing so well at it! Looks like Vivian loves her food and she seems to be pretty independent about it, too. Good for her! She is still a cutie! Love, Nancy Lee
We love the pictures!!! That was the very best post yet!! I am getting my internet connection fixed this week (hopefully) so I'll be able to really keep up with you all. Hey to Rick and kiss the adorable baby for us!!!
Canuck
I mean who wouldn't like mashed up prunes???? She looks ADORABLE even all messy!
That is awesome! I love how she even managed to smear the prune and pea mixture on the high chair behind her head. Now that takes talent and creativity. At least she likes eating, even if she takes matters into her own hands. Piglet hasn't been into eating with a spoon but is getting better. Give her a non-sloppy hug for us, too.
Post a Comment