Tuesday, September 9, 2008

10 More


1. Happy Birthday Jordan!!! One year old on September 10. I remember getting a call while Katie was waiting in line for the operating room - scared me to death (particularly since we were at our childbirthing class). Anyway, your Mom and Dad have survived a whole year (congratulations to them) and you are a cute little lady. By the way - Happy Anniversary Katie & Dave - I believe this is 4 years for you all - man it does not seem that long ago - time flies but we do have several fun memories of your wedding & the rehersal dinner. My love to you both.


2. Whew, what a week - is it over yet? If Vivian's teeth soon do not come in I am going to scream. She has the two on the bottom, which she has had for a while and now one of her top front teeth has finally broke through and the one beside it seems ready as well. Needless to say - she has been one fussy girl. Mom stopped by this evening and took Vivian for a walk to give me a break. I though about running away, but where would I go?


3. So how do you entertain a fussy teething baby at bedtime? Rick has a solution:







She ate a whole bunch of ice cream and was up for quite a while afterwards - but the sugar and the ice cream numbing her gums did put her in a much better mood.

4. The new WVU offense - I have figured it out. See this year we are going to gain all our yards before the snap as opposed to afterwards. Seriously - all the motion made me dizzy and it did not accomplish a darn thing. I hope we can put the wheels back on the wagon before hauling it out to Colorado. I think our flag football team could have beat the Mountaineers Saturday (at least we would have hit somebody:) Please get better soon.

5. Craftiness. I try to challenge myself occasionally. My newest endeavor is to make a dress for Vivian. The Treasure Mountain Festival is coming up soon in Franklin and I really wanted Vivian to have a reproduction dress from the 1700's to wear. Well, they are not easy to come by and when you find them they are not cheap so ... yeah, I am going to try to make one. The pattern I ordered today is self described as "easy to assemble". Keep your fingers crossed that the assembler can figure it out. I do after all own a sewing machine (a nesting gift to myself pre-Vivian, bought in a tizzy over not being able to find suitable window valances for the nursery/her half of our room - so I made some myself). Although I have not sewn much lately and am purely self-taught I do own a sewing machine and therefore deem myself qualified to tackle this project:) Wish me luck and I will keep you posted on my progress.

6. My house is a disaster. I am blogging right now, in part, to procrastinate. Must clean my house.

7. Peas. My daughter likes them, particularly when she finds peas that she threw out of her highchair onto the floor. Something about the floor makes all food taste better.

8. Late filing. I hate to complain about work, but seriously - what lawyer in their right mind believes that the Court is going to read a response which is three inches thick and does not arrive to the Court until a half an hour till quitting time the day before the hearing on the motion. Why bother filing it at all?

9. Only four more weeks to go at the State Police Academy. This week Rick is learning about DUI's - I am not sure if it is a how to class or what but he is pretty bored with it.

10. Finally, I got a reminder this evening of how really blessed I am to have so many folks out there who love and support me. Thank you all. Have a good week.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for remembering not only Jordan's birthday but our anniversary. BTW- Sept 11 is also Andrea's birthday. I'm glad Rick found a fun way to take the pain of teething away. The grin on Vivian's face is priceless!

Anonymous said...

I still love to read all of your news. Vivian is growing up so fast--what a beautiful little girl she is. Love to you all

Elizabeth said...

I say we suit up and get the flag football team back together again. Yikes that game was bad. I made Ainsley close her eyes. Anywho...love the pics and I am hoping for your sake that you get some sleep soon and Vivian's teeth pop in without much pain. Can't wait for graduation!! Thinking of you all the time. Take care. Canuck