Monday, May 26, 2008

The MinnowMaster

Hey Bloggers. I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a pretty good one. Saturday was work day around the house - one day my patio will be finished (I would post a picture of the back of our house, but quite frankly, I am tired of the "before" look). On Sunday, we went to a local pay pond to fish. We knew Vivian was a little young, but thought she might enjoy the day by the water with us. Here are some pics.


We took this picture right after we got there. Vivian was way more interested in her shoes than anything we were doing. She was pretty content in the stroller for a while, but we eventually had to let her get out and play on the ground. She did check us out some.




She also helped her Daddy net a fish. Notice she still could not put her shoe down.


All and all we had a good outing. We needed it after our wild morning. We had put Vivian in her crib while we were getting ready for church. She was in her diaper waiting for her bath and we heard her in there rolling around. All of a sudden she gets really upset and starts screaming. I went over to her crib and here she had pooped in her diaper and then took the diaper off and had smeared poop everywhere. All over her, the crib, and yes, she even threw some out on the floor that Rick stepped in when he came over to help. Needless to say we went right to the shower to hose off the mess. It was gross. I know you understand why this story does not have pictures. Anyway, after that excitement we were going to be late for church and opted to play hooky and fish instead.

When we got home from fishing, Rick filleted the fish and I grilled them and we had my parents in for dinner. It was a good time and Vivian really enjoyed seeing them. Today we are taking it easy because we had a very disruptive night (Rick got called out at 11:30 and did not come home until 4:20 am - fun). Take Care.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for the laugh with the poop story. I can't believe Vivian managed to pull off her diaper and share the contents that way. That was so kind of her! At least the fishing went well. Let me know if you find any shoes that a child can't manage to get off because the shoe thing hasn't been working for us either.