Speech therapy - I have blogged about it several times and during Friday's session, I had to get out the camera and take a picture or two. Every week Vivian is presented with a new activity and is encouraged to interact during the activity both verbally and nonverbally. Usually they just play with toys the speech therapist brings with her to the house, but with the H1N1 flu going around and since Phoebe is not able to be vaccinated, we are being extra careful and the activities have changed to include activities that are the least likely to introduce germs to our house (I would use the term clean, but somehow it does not apply). This week we had two sessions - Monday was homemade playdoh and Friday was fingerpainting with pudding. I did not grab the camera on Monday, but I had to get a picture of Friday's fun.
The pudding was better than paint because it did not matter if she had a taste, but boy was it messy. I am not sure of the benefits for your hair, I will let you know.
This is Speech Therapist Deb. Vivian really interacts with her well and enjoys the time they spend together. Although I do not know how Deb will top this week's entertainment.
Well, all good things must come to an end at some point. There was pudding EVERYWHERE - on the light fixture, our door, under the table, on the table, all over her booster seat, and of course all over Vivian.
I took the downstairs while Rick took Vivian to the tub - I did not see the bathwater, but Rick said it looked like she was swimming in a pond, you could not see the bottom.
It was messy, but it was fun. Vivian is making progress - at her pace, and having a great time doing it.
5 comments:
I love it, speech therapy should be fun-could not tell you the times I have done the same activities with my kids-of course some parents think it is a little nuts- some won't even agree to the activities-proud of you guys for saying whatever it takes to get the girl to talk. By the way Shirley thinks the pictures are priceless.
I'm curious about how the pudding paint made it all the way to the light fixture, but I know 2 year olds work miracles causing messes. I'm glad Vivian is enjoying her "work" though!
I have thought about letting Jackson "paint" with pudding, but haven't been brave enough so far. Looks like Vivian had a great time! I'm glad she is doing well with her speech therapy!
I'm happy to hear that Vivian is doing so well and the pudding idea is a good one! Thank you so much for the pictures of the new "little one"----she is just as beautiful as Vivian! Love Nancy Lee
No way in this world would I ever let that go down! HA! I'm a MEAN mommy in that department! I bet Vivian was having a blast!
Post a Comment