Saturday, November 14, 2009

One Month


Phoebe,


Wow, one month went by quick. You have changed so much in such a short period of time. We have been really busy with both you and Vivian. Two kids makes for two busy parents. I have tried to take some pictures fairly often because you have grown so much. These pictures were taken when you were about two weeks old. I was hoping to get a good picture of all your forehead wrinkles. You used to be able to wrinkle up your forehead from above your eyebrows to way past your hair line - it was pretty funny, but not terribly cute. Luckily, some of the weight you gained made your wrinkles smooth out.












I know this is a little late for the one month post but I went back to work right when you turned one month old - of course your Daddy got the flu my first day back at work so he had to live elsewhere for two days until he got the okay to come back home and be around you. It was crazy, but we got through it fine. We also had to leave you at the babysitter for the first time. It was hard to do, but Rachael and Hannah are very good with both you and Vivian.

Your one month doctor appointment was an event because we also took your sister for her two year old appointment. Trust me, you were the good one. Vivian had done this before an knew what to expect. What we were really surprised about is how much you had grown. You went from 5 pounds 3 ounces at your last visit (about 4 weeks prior) to 7 pounds 7 - 1/2 ounces this visit. You still seem little to everyone else but compared to where we started, you seem like such a big girl to me.

You did Halloween for the very first time this year. I have to admit, it is not one of my favorite holidays, but we dressed you up and took you out to see Mimi (who positively loves Halloween). You were a cute kiddo and kind of scary.








I am so glad that you now sleep for at least six hours a night without waking up. However, you are still pretty fussy from 8:30 to midnight every night. Dr. McDonald seems to think it could be mild colic but he said this too shall pass (maybe by week 8) - I sure hope so. I love you kid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a beautiful little girl, just like her big sister. Seems to be growing well and gaining. We are so happy for you all and I love the pictures. I think she looks like Vivian. I hope you can get some rest but give them both kisses from me. Till next time, Nancy Lee

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how much the wee one looks like her big sister!! Very cute pics.

Jenny said...

Wow, I can't believe she is already a month old! She is absolutely adorable!!!