Sunday, April 5, 2009

Outside Fun

It has finally warmed up a bit - enough to get outside and play after a long winter cooped up inside. Vivian decided to try out her soccer ball on a much larger playing surface than our living room. I think she has pretty decent form for her first time kicking it around the yard.



Of course she had to stop what she was doing briefly to run back to the camera.



She is awfully focused, but eventually she wears out and........



Crashes on the couch with her buddy Tibbs. (Her Father took this picture - just so he gets the credit)


Things have been going pretty good for us. I am feeling a bit better and have a little more energy. I am almost 12 weeks now. I had a doctors appointment last week and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (although it was only for small intervals because the kid was moving around a whole lot). Otherwise, everything is pretty good still working on lots of little projects when I have the time - I have to fix my sewing machine and get back to making Vivian's quilt for her new big girl bed and we are working on our yard and garden for the summer. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying what bits of nice weather we get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vivian is growing up so fast and she is so cute. I'm happy you are feeling better and hope that trend continues. You will be pretty tired soon enough! Nice weather--what IS that? We got up to a few inches of the white stuff this morning so I guess winter isn't finished with us yet--it is gone, now tho, thank goodness. Thanks for the post--I really love all of them. Love, Nancy Lee

Elizabeth said...

I can't even comment....I can't believe that she is outside playing soccer and I've never met the sweetie yet!! We'll have to change that soon. In fact, I think you all are due for a vacation to Myrtle Beach say sometime around April 20-26th, right?

Katie said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Hopefully the 2nd trimester will be easier than the 1st! Playing outside is the greatest because the kiddos tire themselves out and have fun at the same time. Our problem is generally getting Jordan back in the house without a huge fit b/c she's having so much fun outside. Hopefully since we got our April snow out of the way, spring will be here soon.