Monday, April 13, 2009

18 Months


Dear Vivian,

It is so hard to believe that 18 months have gone by this fast. You have changed so much over the last few months (sorry I did not get to update month 16 and 17) and have done so many new and crazy things that it is hard to keep up with everything.

You are now running and your coordination is improving every day. You are a born climber and have gotten really good at climbing on our kitchen chairs without being detected. You still enjoy your baths and have your bedtime routine down to an art.

I believe you are going to be an outside kind of kid. It has been too cold for you to get in much outside action, and many evenings you look outside and cry because you really want to be playing. Sticks, rocks, dirt, and dandelions are your favorite toys in the whole world. I wish you would quit putting all of them in your mouth, but at least you will spit the stuff out in our hands when we catch you in the act.

You have picked up a few new words - Cooks is one of my favorite (Cookies of course). You also have gotten better at patty cake and say cake and love to end the rhyme with an enthusiastic "and ME".

You are generally in a great mood in the mornings and enjoy getting your Mommy up particularly when Daddy puts you in bed with me. If I am sleeping on my side with my back turned to you, you pull on me until I roll over on my back so that you can snuggle up to me. You are also starting to pucker up to give us kisses which is a real treat.

You also like dancing to your Farmer Tad Fridge Farm and entertain us with your routine. This evening I danced with you a little bit before I took the picture of you. It was a particularly good evening and you laughed a lot - probably at my dancing.

You and Tibbs are still friends - even when you try to lay down on her to go to sleep. Although Tibbs can be annoying to your parents sometimes, she is certainly very good to you.

In closing, you are a real blessing in our lives. We had no idea 18 months ago that you would completely take over our hearts.


Love you, Mommy and Daddy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post. And what a great family. Love, Nancy Lee

Jenny said...

So sweet! It's hard to believe she is growing up so fast.

Elizabeth said...

sweet snookums!! I can't believe how long her hair has gotten. Lots to look forward to.

Krissy said...

Goodness, I can't believe she's that old already! Too bad you don't live in Hawaii, she could play outside everyday!

Katie said...

Very sweet. Vivian looks so happy in that picture. Since she looks more like Rick, I bet she has your dance moves! I still can't believe the girls have passed the 18 month mark. That was a milestone to me that seemed to come too quickly.