Sunday, April 6, 2008

Vivian's Baptism

Today Vivian became an official Presbyterian. She was SO GOOD during the whole thing - not one tear was shed - I really thing she enjoyed it. Rick also transferred his membership to Franklin today so now we are all three members of the same church.
Back to the baptism details - Of course the baptism was after the sermon and Vivo usually sleeps during Kevin's sermons. Today was no different, in fact she was still sleeping when we moved to the front of the church. So while we were seated during the first part of the baptism service, Vivian slept. When we stood up, she woke up and was all smiles. She did not flinch at all when the water was put on her head, but she had this look on her face like "what are you doing, I already had a bath today, thank you." After it was over, she was really excited for the rest of the service and tried to sing along for the last song. I do not know how we will top this experience next Sunday - I feel she will be disappointed. I just cannot get over how great she was and how totally happy she was. It was really cool and a neat experience for us all. Anyway, here are some pictures from today.


I do not know how Vivian knows to look at the camera. She was making good eye contact with Uncle Ashby who was taking the pictures.

Kevin (our preacher) is getting ready to take Vivian down the isle to meet her people. I think she really enjoyed seeing folks but she was glad to get back to the front and gave us big smiles.
Here is a posed shot after the service. We had some difficulty getting everyone to look in the same direction at the same time.
I like this picture - Kevin is talking and Vivian is yawning - perfect:) Kevin is a great preacher and neighbor. He did a real nice service for us.

Here is a picture of Mom, Vivian, and I after the service. Vivian was still being a real good sport about the day.
So, this was the highlight of our weekend. Thanks for checking in on us and God bless.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

YAY for being a good girl! What a special day for you guys!

Katie said...

I'm glad she was so well behaved. She looks adorable in her little white dress. The picture of her yawning is a classic church moment. I remember sitting beside my dad in church and realizing he was asleep. It happens to the best of us.