Saturday, April 12, 2008

Six Months, Sunshine, and an Appointment Update

Yesterday we had Vivian's six month checkup. She was pretty cooperative for most of the visit - as long as we kept her entertained. Dr. McDonald held her for a while and she managed to take his stethescope off of his neck and slobbered all over it (last visit she spit up on him - wonder what she will do at the next visit?). Vivo now weighs 14 pounds 9 1/2 ounces and is 25 1/4 inches long. She got two shots and an oral vaccine and was pretty fussy from it. We also got the okay to start feeding her second stage foods so we went shopping and stocked up on a bunch of new food which should make Vivian very happy because she was pretty bored with the food she has been eating.
Before we left the house - Vivian had to get in a little power nap with her pal Horton. I love how she holds on to Horton's trunk.


Since it has been so pretty lately, Vivian has finally gotten to really enjoy the outside (as opposed to being rushed through it bundled up). She LOVES being outside and it is so much fun to see her experiencing something new. Here are some pictures.
I really like this picture of Vivian and Rick (notice we are down to one sandal instead of two) - she is having a real good time.

Toes in the grass - very fun. She likes walking in the grass and checking out the dandelions (we must have a million in our yard).

Here is Viv and Moma - she has a dandelion in her hand. This picture was taken just before she slobbered all over the dandelion and tried to chew on it. She is a pretty good sport about picture taking and that makes it really fun.
As for Vivian being six months old (and by extension being a parent for six months) - I cannot believe how quick time has passed, yet it seems like Vivian has been in our lives forever. She rolls over, smiles, laughs, talks loud, reaches out for us, and makes us smile everyday. We are truly blessed and very grateful to have this amazing little girl in our lives. We love you Vivian and cannot wait to see what you do next.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, from Milton WV-Vivian is beautiful--She certainly is growing very fast. The pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!! she is so sweet. Glad the doctors visit went well and she can start chowing on some new food. Talk to you soon!!

Canuck

Kimberly said...

You've GOTTA come down here this summer! I can't BELIEVE she's 6 months old! She's just the cutest little thing. I love her dress!

Krissy said...

Holy Cow, she's so big and cute! I'm so sad that we kept missing you guys when we were home, Isaac would have loved playing with her.I guess we'll have to wait a few more months now before they can have a play date. Keep up the good work! You're doing a great job Mommy!