Dear Vivian,
I cannot believe you are already 15 months old. You have been keeping us busy lately with all your antics. Over the past month you have been so much fun because your personality continues to develop and you keep on getting more adventurous in all that you do.
I am particularly fond of your new hats. I don't know what gave you the idea to wear a washcloth on your head, but who am I to argue with your fashion sense. You do wear it well. I am also glad that you are a pretty good eater - now you try a few more things and seem to like it best if it is something we are eating.
I have not been particularly crazy about your sleep schedule - every other night you are up at 2:00 and do not want to go back to sleep for hours. We are sleepy. I hope this changes soon. It has given us the challenge of completely wearing you out before bedtime and for that we have enlisted the help of Tibbs.
You two are real partners in crime. Whatever one cannot get to, the other can.
As you can see, it does not take long for a clean house to be a total mess.
Tibbs also encourages you to do things that you should not be doing, and no I am not talking about taking off one sock and leaving the other on. The stairs, Tibbs, and Vivian just do not mix. Other things that scare your Momma is the sound of glass breaking when you are out of sight. Luckily it was just a bowl you broke and ran away from - truthfully, I think it scared us both.
You also have added a new favorite movie - KungFu Panda. We now have it committed to memory and we watch it every day. You still love your books though, and often prefer being read to over anything else - particularly in the mornings when Mommy is getting ready for work and you follow me around with a book until I stop and read it to you. Lately we have read a whole lot of Go Dogs, Go. In the evenings when I get home, you want to spend at least an hour with me just playing and reading. I sometimes feel like there are so many things around the house that need done, but then I realize that this time is special.
I have also enjoyed seeing how willing you are to share. You love to try to give things to me and your Daddy. You really like sharing your food for some reason and get the biggest kick out of feeding us - you also share with Tibbs which is sometimes a problem, but all and all I am glad to see this part of your personality emerge.
In closing, you are a super-special kid and I am one lucky Momma. Love you always.
7 comments:
Happy 15 months!! And I hope the sleep thing gets back on course too!! For your sake!
I like her fashion sense!! It suits her. I'm glad you spend time with her and realize that the housework or whatever, will always be there. She is so much more important and will grow up so fast. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next entry. Love, Nancy Lee
That sleep thing that can be terrible! I can't believe she is growing up so fast.
Sounds as if the girl is a night owl-love the new pics.
Vivian looks adorable in her washcloth hat. Adult food is always more exciting and interesting than baby food, though Jordan won't always keep it in her mouth- lovely. I hope we can get back together in a few months to see in person how much the girls are developing their own personalities.
First of all, Lydia has had the nickname One Sock Magee since she was born. This child will not keep both socks on. I was showing Mark you pictures of V and the kitty and he said "look she is only wearing one sock too!"
Second, I love seeing her with the kitty. We thought about getting her a kitty of her own but she attached so much to Thelma Lou (Mark's cat) we decided against it.
I cannot believe that she is 15 months old. It's just not possible.
You can tell how much she loves that kitty. So stinkin cute. That's the deal- God makes animals and kids cute so you don't kill them.
Post a Comment