1. As some of you may recall, I have promised Christmas pictures for a while. Well, I finally got some on Saturday. I had my heart set on taking an inside shot in the sanctuary of our church which is usually decorated with like 30 poinsettias and is awesome looking. This year - not so much. I think there was some sort of poinsettia issue and there were only a few in the church this year. Bummer. Particularly since I had been waiting for this location and it never materialized. On to plan B - an outside shot and thankfully Saturday gave me an opportunity to pull it off. Mom accompanied Vivian and myself on the search of a good spot in the woods to take a few pictures. Luckily we found a spot that was easy to get to and the lighting was excellent.
I had pictured the shots a little differently, but Vivian was not too keen on standing up for some reason. Oh well, I like these just fine. I think she really enjoyed herself and had fun being outside.
2. I am getting excited for Christmas. I cannot wait to see how Vivian reacts to it all.
3. I am also way behind on getting things together for Christmas. I do finally have some gifts, however, I have yet to find an opportunity to get them all wrapped up. I used to not get things done because I was a procrastinator - now I cannot get things done because I cannot find a minute to do them. Weird.
4. Must rant about Walmart. Walmart is not my first choice for picture development, but King Photo is usually not an option unless I happen to get by there on a day off. I just wanted to use the Walmart Kodak machines because I needed some 2 x 3 pictures made. So, Sunday afternoon we went to Harrisonburg and Walmart was our last stop - it would appear that since it is such a busy time for people wanting pictures that these rocket scientists turn off their machines at 7:00 pm - which makes those folks who do not know about this crazy policy and who arrive at 7:04 pm highly pissy. So after checking both H'burg Walmarts, I went to Moorefield yesterday only to find that one of their machines was broken and the other was being piloted by someone who did not know what she was doing who brought along her friend who "pretended" to know what she was doing but clearly did not. Ugh. After watching them continue to crash the machine - I gave up. Still need my 2x3's.
5. This time of year entails hitting the Christmas Party Circuit at work. Since we are in several counties - we have to party in all of them. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Tucker for their legendary Christmas party. I hope the weather holds out because we also have some cases to hear in the morning. Thursday it is the Grant Co. Magistrate Court party and Friday is the Mineral County party. Plus we have already been to the Pendleton County party. Too much good food all in one week:)
6. Sgt. Tibbs has taken over our home. This cat is everywhere all the time. She is very fun and a good companion for Vivian.
7. Our friend Danielle is home from college and it has been very good to see her. I also got to talk to Krissy last evening - I miss that girl. For once the time zone difference worked in my favor because I cannot call too many of my friends at 11:45 pm:) - but since it was five hours earlier there she did not seem to mind.
8. I really enjoyed Nancy Lee's post about her favorite Christmas memories. That rocked - you are quite a good writer.
9. Only 9 days left until Christmas.
10. Have a great day everyone and be safe in this nasty weather.
3 comments:
Thanks, Carrie, for those kind words! I appreciate it. I LOVE the adorable pictures of Vivian! She is such a doll and so beautiful--I think of her as my grand-daughter by proxy! I still love your posts. Have a wonderful holiday season with Vivian--she is at such a good age for all the fun activities. Looking forward to more pictures. Merry Christmas. Love, Nancy Lee
The pictures of Vivian are so adorable!! I am sure that Vivian will make Christmas so fun, although she may not "get it" she will certainly realize that something exciting is happening!
If I don't talk to you before, have a very Merry Christmas!!
I love the pictures of Vivian. They're great! I'm glad she cooperates for things like that. I've given up on taking Isaac to get pictures done, I know he won't stay put long enough to take a picture.
I'm glad you called the other night. It was good to talk to you. I had a great night out on my own! It would have been nice if you could have been with me though.
Post a Comment