1. Vivian is being a very independent girl these days, but she is so funny. A few weekends ago we went for a roadtrip while Rick had some time off (it does not happen much). We wound up in the Smoke Hole at Big Bend and figured Vivian could use a break from her car seat. Wading seemed like fun.
She started out just picking up the small rocks from the edge, but soon....
She found that the bigger rocks were in the water.
She was excited to get us out in the water with her. She wound up getting soaked even though the water level was really down.
After Vivian was done playing in the river, I believe the water level dropped a bit more because her diaper weighed about 20 pounds. She looks like she is ready to fall, but she just sat down in the water. Needless to say, we had to peel her clothes off of her as soon as we got her out of the river and she went back up the road wearing only a fresh diaper.
2. I had an awful cold last week it was no fun when combined with the usual pregnancy stuff. I got it from Vivian but my version lasted much longer than hers. To top it off, every time I coughed I guess I made the baby mad because when the coughing subsided, the baby kicked and rolled so I have had a whole lot of sleep to catch up on.
3. Last week was my Mom's birthday so I fixed dinner and some cupcakes. Vivian loves a party, particularly when she can get as messy as she wants. Cupcakes were definitely a hit.
It looked at first as though Vivian was going to neatly eat her cupcake, but this,
And this,
Finally turned into this. A bath soon followed this picture and a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday RaRu.
4. Had a growth scan done at my doctor's appointment last week. The baby is measuring small and was squeezed pretty tight in my belly. The doctor estimates that the baby weighs 4 pounds 6 ounces but admitted that the stomach circumference was a little hard to measure because the baby's belly was squished so the baby may actually weigh a bit more. I start going every week now and go again on Thursday for a non-stress test. We have another growth scan in two weeks to make sure everything is okay. If so, I will be induced on October 15th. Not much longer now:) I wish I had everything ready, but I still have some things to do. Getting ready for a second baby is sort of weird because I feel like I do not have nearly the volume of stuff I had out the first time around. I guess I just know better what things I will need to start out and the rest can be brought out of storage later - either that or I have just forgot a bunch of stuff. We shall see. It is so weird to be washing really little clothes again. I thought this baby may be a bit bigger than Vivian, but it would appear that Vivian's little things will be used. Looks like we will be rocking out newborn sizes for a while - I just forgot how small that truly is.
5. Took in the Treasure Mountain Festival this weekend. My feet and ankles were so swollen that I had to take in the majority of it from our porch which was okay especially since the best part was the food and I could enjoy it from home. I did not even get any pictures. I must do better next year.
6. We have some new additions at our house. Remember our cat Tibbs, well, she is now a mommy cat and we have three one week old kittens living on our side porch now. We had suspected that Tibbs was getting close to delivering her kittens, but it was just luck that I happened to be home when she did. Actually, Vivian was having a speech therapy appointment and Tibbs kept running through the house acting all weird. Well, as soon as the therapist left, I put Tibbs out on the porch and 10 minutes later she had the first kitten. It freaked her right out and she tried to get back in the house. I had to stay out on the porch with her and eventually she settled down and had the other two kittens. All are doing well and Vivian is pretty excited about them.
I will post pictures soon so you all can claim which ones your children want.
7. Finally, I will leave you with this picture. This is Vivian's new smile. I have never requested it but for some reason she has taken to giving me this fake cheesy smile most of the time when I try to take her picture. She is pretty crazy like that and we love her silliness.
6 comments:
So given that you are going to be using Vivian's baby clothes again, does this mean that we know baby #2is a girl????
That's an awesome last picture! At least she looks at you and smiles. Isaac just says "cheese" and refuses to look at the camera.
I agree, the food is the best part of TMF. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you.
Wow, I can't believe you only have a couple more weeks. Time sure went quickly. Good luck getting everything ready.
Miss you! Wish I was there helping you out. I'll be home for a few weeks in December.
Once again another great post. Vivian is growing up so fast and she is so cute and adorable. I LOVE the fake smile! The water pictures are great. I hope you continue to feel pretty good and I'm anxious to see Pictures of the new baby and all of you. It's going to be a fun, and busy, time for you all! Love, Nancy Lee
In response to Jenny, no, we don't know whether the baby is a girl or a boy, but since we got neutral stuff before for newborns we are going to reuse that.
Don't worry kid, when we know, you will know:)
I'm all too familiar with the cheesy grin, not sure why they seem to involve eyes closing, too. There is a minor rock obsession at our house, too.
I love the pics of Vivian playing in the water. Good luck getting everything ready for baby #2. Besides gender, I'm most curious to see what name the baby ends up with.
I have to admit that I am kind of bummed that I won't get a late night Stadol induced hysterically funny phone call from you this go around. But I also don't want you to blow up either so I'll just take a phone call on delivery day!! Preferably the first one, but I guess I can wait in line:)
Love the water pics and the cupcake up the nose -- classic.
xoxo...no worries.
Post a Comment